Thursday, November 17, 2011

HyperText Websites

Overall the idea of hypertext and the html process started off somewhat rough for me. I was never a fan of html very much but this project (and the other project in DIM) is slowly but surely teaching me a thing or to the more I tinker around. My page's content was strong but my DIV positioning and formatting of text could of been much more organized and presentable. A lot of my problem involves stylesheets and positioning divs and boxes through coding. I understand the concept and it makes perfect sense just that when I actually go and try the coding myself I find the order in which to add the code confusing at times. Well, a lot of the times. I am very proud of my banners and content and have the general framework and pages all linked together well. Once the site was a little more set up with divs and the text formatted it would be complete! Of course I would like to add more images as well because "a picture is worth a thousand words." ha!
I really enjoyed seeing what my fellow classmates came up with as well. All the pages had a simplicity to them and seemed to look clean and organized. Some minor adjustments could have been made to the formatting of the text and the text box/divs to make it easier to read. Sometimes having images as backgrounds can make the plain text very challenging to decipher. I beleive my favorite website out of everyones would have to be the electronic mobile banking site that talked about the potential of eliminating paper currency and making it all electronic and linked to mobile devices. This is a concept that I too have also thought about and it is a concept that could potentially happen one day in the not so distant future. There are already banking apps that allow transfers and deposits and bill paying. Now the simple modifications can be put into place to bring that concept to reality! The future is unwritten!

No comments:

Post a Comment