Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Final Remix Project

I am looking forward to starting my final remix project. This will be an opportunity to take a more in depth look and spend some more time getting comfortable with video editing software. The more I get to use and experience the software the better understanding I gain from it. My project is going to consist of a classic children's television show that first aired in 1968 and continued for a very long time. Children who grew up watching Mr. Rogers neighborhood were at a young age and very impressionable. That is why Mr.Rogers was the man for the job, with his simple songs and ultra positive outlook on life he showed children the pathway thru happiness and taught them important life lessons. This is the reason why I am choosing to manipulate his videos. I plan on remixing clips (both audio/video) and cutting them so that it correlates with a television show that is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum: Gangland. Gangland is a show that discuss' criminals and the groups that make up gangs and all the extremely bad things that they do. There are a lot of interviews of drug lords, murders, gang leaders, etc on the show and I can definatley incorporate them in my project. I have found many clips online of both Mr. Rogers and gangland that will work out being great source material. I also plan on incorporating a few other clips from news reports and other videos that I come across that would fit in with the topic. The challenging part of this project will come down to timing of the cut scenes. It can be tedious to trim source footage exactly to the point where you need and then place it in the timeframe so that it will playback properly. Also, being organized will prove itself to being probably the most important aspect of this project. Especially if I have a ton of different clips all pulled from different websites/sources. Grouping and categorizing the footage you plan on using would be a smart time saving idea that will allow an ease of navigation of clips to be used in the project.I will primarily be working on
this project at school in the labs because I do not like using Windows movie maker, Therefore i will be using Imovie/after effects/ premier or a combination of them. I am excited to bring what I see in my head to life and to share these mashups with everyone in the class will be an entertaing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment